Durham City Coaches Ltd are committed to protecting your privacy and this
how we collect it, and what happens to it.
i. Your information
ii. Our Use of Your Information
1. We may disclose your information to our suppliers and service providers, who may be located outside the UK/EEA, so that we can provide you with your holiday services or insurance, etc. Only information that is necessary for this purpose is disclosed.
2. We may also disclose your information to companies who carry out data processing services on our behalf such as for administration, business management, operations, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, analysis and other normal business practices.
3. Some of the data we collect about you, such as relating to health, may be considered "sensitive personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, but we do so on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking your holiday with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose relevant information (which may contain sensitive personal data) to us in circumstances where we need to act in the interest of everyone in the group you are travelling with. For example, if you become ill and your illness is infectious, we may need to make special arrangements for you and also ensure that you do not return with the group immediately.
If you do not agree to our use of your information in the manner described above, we cannot accept your booking.
iii. Direct Marketing Material
1. We may from time to time contact you by post with information on offers and holidays and related services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or promotions.
2. You may indicate your preference to also receive our direct marketing material for the above purposes by telephone or e-communications (e-mail, SMS or e-brochure) on our website(s) or forms, or to our staff at the time you first supplied us your information.
3. If you do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (2) of Your Rights" below.
iv. Your Rights
1. You have the right to request in writing a copy of the information we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies in your information by completing our Data Subject Access Request Form.
2. You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material about our products and services. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
vi. Links to other websites
1. These sites may send you cookies and collect data and personal information. We are not responsible for the actions, content or the privacy policies of those websites to which our website(s) may link.
vii. Aggregated Information
We may collect aggregate information relating to customer trends and patterns and may disclose aggregate statistics about enquiries made, visitors, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, purchasers, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes. No personally identifying information is disclosed.
To ensure that we carry out our instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in interest of security, we may monitor and/or record telephone calls and customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy as required. Updates will be shown on our website, brochure and/or made available on request. We will strive to ensure our practices comply with the most current available version of this Policy.
Durham City Coaches Ltd March 2016